Happy Mother's Day Mak
There's no words to express how grateful I am for having a mother like my Mak. This September will be Mak's 84th Birthday.
I'm sure all of us love our mom so much. But what if I were to ask you to list down 10 things what make you respect and love you mom so much, what are your answers. Mine is simply these:
- She is such a determined person. She will get all out to get anything what her children wants.
- She loves her children more than anything else. She took care 11 of us alone after my father passed away in 1968. When I was still very young, I once heard her best friend asked her to remarry but she flatly said no because she want to take care of her children.
- She make sure we get some education despite she herself was educated till standard 6.
- She would go all out to feed all her 11 children despite being a full-time housewife and with no jobs after my father passed away. I remember she had to sell kuih at the nearby food stall and I and my sister had to send the kuih very early in the morning to that stall.
- She loves to cook and is a great cook. She would prepare food for all of us even after we got married and have our own family.
- She always remind us to be good with each other. She is the arbitrator when there is a siblings misunderstanding and rivalry.
- She is a thrifty. She always reminded us not to waste money on things that we don't need. Till now I still remember her telling me that instead of going to see the movies (during my bachelorhood days then), I might as well use the money to buy salted fish (ikan kering) so that we can still eat it.
- She is so humble. Whenever I ask her what she want me to buy her, she would say, "takpayah lah. Mak taknak semua tu" despite we know she would want it.
- She would attend all the family functions and all the relatives weddings until she is unable to move around anymore in a wheel chair. I used to drive her almost every where I could just for her to meet her relatives.
- And most of all, I love her so much and because she is my Mak. And till now I still believe that she loves me more than the rest of my siblings he.he.he....Anak kesayangan dia kata kan.