Friday, May 9, 2008

Happy Mother's Day Mak


Happy Mother's Day Mak

There's no words to express how grateful I am for having a mother like my Mak. This September will be Mak's 84th Birthday.

I'm sure all of us love our mom so much. But what if I were to ask you to list down 10 things what make you respect and love you mom so much, what are your answers. Mine is simply these:
  1. She is such a determined person. She will get all out to get anything what her children wants.
  2. She loves her children more than anything else. She took care 11 of us alone after my father passed away in 1968. When I was still very young, I once heard her best friend asked her to remarry but she flatly said no because she want to take care of her children.
  3. She make sure we get some education despite she herself was educated till standard 6.
  4. She would go all out to feed all her 11 children despite being a full-time housewife and with no jobs after my father passed away. I remember she had to sell kuih at the nearby food stall and I and my sister had to send the kuih very early in the morning to that stall.
  5. She loves to cook and is a great cook. She would prepare food for all of us even after we got married and have our own family.
  6. She always remind us to be good with each other. She is the arbitrator when there is a siblings misunderstanding and rivalry.
  7. She is a thrifty. She always reminded us not to waste money on things that we don't need. Till now I still remember her telling me that instead of going to see the movies (during my bachelorhood days then), I might as well use the money to buy salted fish (ikan kering) so that we can still eat it.
  8. She is so humble. Whenever I ask her what she want me to buy her, she would say, "takpayah lah. Mak taknak semua tu" despite we know she would want it.
  9. She would attend all the family functions and all the relatives weddings until she is unable to move around anymore in a wheel chair. I used to drive her almost every where I could just for her to meet her relatives.
  10. And most of all, I love her so much and because she is my Mak. And till now I still believe that she loves me more than the rest of my siblings he.he.he....Anak kesayangan dia kata kan.
Happy mothers day Mak!

No comments: