Sunday, November 9, 2008

Kedai Kopi Kawan @ Kawan Kopitiam

I have been wanting to go to this new restaurant which belongs to close friends of mine. Another friend, Zaiham had once invited me to join her family for berbuaka puaa but I just couldn't fit it into my schedule. And weeks after weeks, there are many other schedule engagements that I had to attend to prohibits me from going there.

And this evening, I decided to go to this place. If not now, then when else? So I decided to drive all the way from Batu Caves to Bandar Baru Bangi where this restaurant is located.

You see, I shouldn't miss his opportunity to go because this eating place belongs to my really close friends, namely Hasbullah, Rezal & his wife Ezzah. If you know Ezzah Aziz Fawzy of TV3, then you know it's her. I knew these people quite a long time ago. And when they open up this eating place, then the least I could do is suppor them and probably recommend to you guys to go.


Kedai Kopi KAWAN @ KAWAN Kopitiam

Kedai Kopi Kawan @ Kawan Kopitiam is located in Section 3 of Bandar Baru Bangi. Rezal gave me the exact location. From the Bangi toll, go pass the 2 roundabout 12 o'clock. After the 2nd roundabout, go straight ahead and at the traffic light take right where the Petronas station is. The restaurant is located behind the Petronas station - at the of end the shophouses. It's easy to find.

Arriving there, Rezal was there to greet us. I got to know that Hasbullah just got back from Johor and he was really tired to come. Ezzah had some works somewhere. He initially took us around for a short tour.


The interior : simple yet cosy & comfort

Now the eating time. I asked Rezal to suggest what to order and what the best in the house. You see this place offered some Johorian menu, among which : Laksa Johor Ezzah Aziz Fawzy, Mee Rebus, Mee Bandung, Kacang Pol (or sound something like that), etc. There are menu : Char Kuey Teow, Chinese Fried Rice, and many more Icoudln't remember. Rezal also told me that there is also roti bakar with kaya.

The mee rebus looks good to me so I ordered it for myself. Mimi ordered Laksa Johor, Angah wanted Chinese Fried Rice and Acik as usual love Char Kuey Teow. Rezal also recommended Mimi to take Milo Dinasour. It's actually ice milo with lots of milo topping. Just look at the things we ordered. Not only it look deliciously goos, it tasted good as well. Why I said this? Because I tasted each and everyone what was ordered.


Milo Dinosaur : Milo ice with lots of Milo topping

The mee rebus tasted like the one Hj Wahid sold in the shop somewhere in Johor Bahru - where my late father-in-law used to take us there. If you are a Johorian, then you should know about it. I'm not a Johorian but I married to one - so I have to know it.


Mee Rebus Johor : Sedappppp!!!!! Tasted like Mee Rebus Hj Wahid. Recommended

And if you are a Johorian, I'm sure you would love to eat the infamous Laksa Johor. And because Ezzah herself is a Johorian and she cook as well, the menu is named after her - obviously. And it tasted as good as the one you can find in Johor or if not better.


Laksa Johor Ezzah Aziz Fawzy : it's delicious . You should try this. Recommended.

Angah finished off this Chinese Fried Rice in no time.

Chinese Fried Rice : It's delicious as well.

So is Achik. His all time favourite is Char Kuey Teow. Where he goes, he would almost always order for Char Kuey Teow.

Acik's favourite : Penang Char Kuey Teow

While enjoying the good food, enjoying the company of the owner, Rezal, is something to be remembered. We talked on almost anything about what we can think of. From how he and Hasbullah started business, to the our children, to our other circle of friends, etc.





The special guests : Me & the kids


Rezal serving Milo Dinosaur

I should not miss of taking these pics of partnership. Rezal, his wife Ezzah and Hasbullah's picture on the wall. This picture was taken during their Ramadam buffet promotion. I heard that the response was overwhelmed.


The Friends @ Kawan : Rezal, Ezzah & Hasbulah


The portrait of the Friends @ Kawan

I knew about their venture thru a friend who read their story in the Migguan Malaysia's Pancaindera. Thereon, I started contacting them and had been wanted to go until today.


The Newspaper clipping about the restaurant.


Mimi reading the newspaper cut-out of Kawan Kopitiam

Time flew so fast when you are enjoying the accompany of good friend. Although we arrived about 8.45pm, I felt that it was just a 15 mins presence there. We left Bangi about 11.00pm.

By the way, the price is so reasonable. With what we eat, I hardly felt the pinch in my pocket. So I guess that it's a good place for you to bring your family there. And if you are staying somewhere in Bangi area, that place is a must go place. And even of you are travelling towards there, do go there and taste how the good food tasted like.

By the way, if you want to go here's the detail:

KEDAI KOPI KAWAN @ KAWAN KOPITIAM
26A, Jalan 3/69
Bandar Baru Bangi.
How to get there : From the Bangi toll, go pass the 2 roundabout 12 o'clock. After the 2nd roundabout, go straight ahead and at the traffic light take right where the Petronas station is. The restaurant is located behind the Petronas station - at the end of the shophouses.

So why not try it out. Cheers.


Rezal & Me

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ehmm... sound and look interesting and delicous indeed. It could be our new family monthly dinner venue. Insya'Allah we'll be there.

Anyway, Tahniah kerana berjaya menjadi usahawan dan didoakan semuga berjaya kearah yang lebeh lagi dimasa akan datang.

irman said...

Salam tuan,

Berkesempatan utk melayari blog tuan. Amat berminat utk mengadakan family day seperti keluarga tuan di PD. Boleh sy dptkan sedikit maklumat berkenaan dgn tempat penginapan di PD?

yanie said...

wow.. kpitiam kawan ni ade blog rupenya.. sy penah mkan di cni msa pegi kursus joomla anjuran Teras Solutions. Affordable dn sedap.. feel free to visit my website at http://www.sooka-hati.com. Ade ape dgn sooka-hati? jom tgk dlu..

Unknown said...

minta tolong nak minta no.telephone kedai kopitian untuk buat tempahan berbuka puasa.

Anonymous said...

cuba 012-9025506