Monday, December 29, 2008

Day 3 - Destination Alor Star

It's the third day of our family trip. After 2 days in Perlis, it's now time to proceed to Kedah. A few people told me that there's nothing much to see in Kedah. But the thing is, if you don't explore you won't see things, right? And our trip is the exploration trip. So we will explore then we know which is the places that interest us.

I purposely took the trunk road instead of the highway. I wanted the kids to see the kampungs, padi fields, jungle, sea and whatever can be seen throughout our journey. It's supposed to be an adventurous trip. So be it.

From Kangar, we went to Kuala Perlis thru' Kuala Sanglang to Alor Star. I wanted to go to the Muzium Padi in Gunung Keriang. It may takes us about an hour or so. Along the way, we saw beautiful that my my kids had never seen. Vast area of padi fields... miles and miles of it. Believe me it's the greens that makes me feel so calm and relax. And more amazing was that from Kuala Perlis to Kuala Sanglang, we could see padi fields on the of the road and sea on the right. To me that's amazing.

I did called my Travel Advisor, Azlee if we are on the right track to Gunung Keriang where the Muzium Padi is. Azlee recommended me to go. Finally with Azlee's direction and the tricky sign boards, we managed to get there.

Obviously Muzium padi is in the middle of the kampung with vast area of padi fields. It was about 10.00 am when we arrived.

What interest me in the Muzium was the wall was painted 360 degrees in the building. Believe me, it was an amazing painting of the surrounding area of Gunung Keriang. Picture it as if you are standing on top of Gunung Keriang. I

f I were to describe it in word it will be "Magnificent and Amazing". I took the opportunity to speak to the guy attending the muzium. He mentioned that it took 46 Korean painters to paint the scenery in 6 months. But these people were there for a total of 2 years to experience and observe the changes of padi season and the kampung activities throughout the 2 years. And as a result, you can see some of the pictures that I took down here. The painting looks so real and I can just sit there for hours to appreciate it.



Musim menanam padi.


Suasana Kampung.


Keramaian di kampung.



Jual menjual Padi.

The painting looks so real.


Mimi & Acik appreciating the kampung and padi fields scenery.


Peladang Jaya tahun 2008 - Acik & Mimi







Kerbau bajak - the kids never seen what a kerbau & bajuk meant before.



After Muzium Padi, we headed nearby to Gunung Keriang Park. Azlee told me that if I want to buy some crystal stones, I should go there. So here we go. IAfterall it's very nearby to the Muzium.

Well there are some interesting crystal stone but not something that I would not want to buy to accumulate dust in my house.






Some a white, some are reddish brown and a few a green.

We left Gunung Keriang about 12.00 noon and wanted to find somewhere to eat. Since we are already nearby to Alor Star, I planned to take the kids for lunch at the Alor Star Tower's Revolving Restaurant.

From what I read Alor Star Tower is the second highest Ccmmunication tower after KL Tower. And I think the kids would had their first experience having lunch in the Revolving Restaurant on top of Alor Star. What an experience.



The kids in front of Alor Star Tower.






Acik appreciating Alor Star view from the Tower.


The kids first experience having lunch in the Revolving Restaurant
on top of Alor Star Tower.


We finished our lunch by about 2.oopm and left for Pasar Rabu. That was one of the itenirary in Alor Star. Angah was very curious and kept asking me why it is called Pasar Rabu. I mean he really asked me like 5 times ok. It's hari Ahad and it supposed to be called Pasar Ahad. Or why not just call it just Pasar Seni like the one in KL. Why must it be called Pasar Rabu????? Susah lak nak explain to him. I told him may be it the Pasar started every hari Rabu but since it is so popular it continue to have it everyday until today. So that's why they name it Pasar rabu. You readers have any suggestion how to answer this?

Anyway Pasar Rabu only filled up with food stuffs like dodol, kuih-kuih kering, all types of kacang, tudung, baju melayu and all the malay stuff. Bought some dodol and also freshly baked kuih bahulu. The still hot kuih bahulu was great and the kids finished it in no time.

Then we left Pasar Rabu to check in the hotel at Seri Malaysia. I really need the rest and sleep. Told the kids to rest until Magrhib for dinner.

Farita, my office colleage to me that there lots of stalls near the Stadium besides our hotel. And we did just that. We had our dinner there. The prices were reasonable. Everybody ordered whatever they want to eat. Acik ordered watermelon juice - size L. I wonder how big it is. It's hugh for him - see below.


Acik with the L size watermelon juice.

Early next morning, I decided to leave Alor Star - since there is nothing much to see there. I decided to take the kids to Lembah Bujang near Sg Petani again using the truck road from Kuala Kedah to Sg Petani. Now you might aske why Lembah Bujang, Then you need to read our next destination.


Having breakfast at Seri Malaysia before leaving for Lembah Bujang.


Took a shot infront of the Alor Star old Mosque.


Infront of the Alor Star Balai Nobat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its like you read my thoughts! You appear to grasp a lot about
this, such as you wrote the guide in it or something.
I believe that you could do with some % to power the message house a bit, but other than that, this is fantastic blog. An excellent read. I'll definitely be back.

my webpage; www.sveaskolan.se

Anonymous said...

electronic cigarettes reviews, smokeless cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, e cigarette, smokeless cigarettes, e cigarette