Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri

Today is the last working day prior the Hari Raya. Our office seems to be quite - some has resigned earlier, some have taken the additional leave and some in the meetings.

Today, the Hari Raya atmosphere were not the same as previous years. Everybody were excited then, be it Muslim or non-Muslim - especially we usually have a long holiday break. Now it looks bleak as if nothing is happening.

Anyway, this time around we had another long break. The whole plant will closed tomorrow from 11~21 October 2007. Well I need a break anyway.

It is also sad that Ramadan is closing to an end this Friday. A long month of spiritual rituals that only be done during this month will end. I attended the Terawih at the surau nearby whenever I can. I miss them during my 2 weeks confinement after the operation.

Our helper a.k.a. Bibik had gone back for a 2 months holidays in her hometown in Surabaya. She'll only be back in December. So the house chores had to be done on our own. The kids were also asked to do throw away the garbage, take in the dried clothes, make their own bed, etc. It was a luxury when Bibik is around.

We didn't plan much for this Hari Raya. Except celebrating it at my Mom's house and probably visit some of the closest relatives. Cooking??? Hmm.. probably not the troublesome cooking of rendang and ketupat. Maybe some Laksa Johor stuff.

and Baju Raya? Initially Ky don't want to buy any as some new clothes haven't been worn yet. As for baju melayu, the boys had one or two new pairs they haven't worn yet. However, last weekend we went shopping and bought pants for them. Me... hmm.. I'm not too fussy. Still had a shirt or two that had not worn yet. Ky?? I asked her if she wants anything. As usual, she humbly said no. When I was small, all my siblings would get the same colour materia; for Baju Melayu and Baju Kurung. Even the samping is of same colour and material. Shoes were from Bata and that was already considered a high brand then. Those were the days.

Duit Raya? Well I have changed to new notes of RM10, RM5 and RM1. RM10 for the nephews and nieces, RM5 for grandchildren (nephews and nieces kids ok) and RM2 for other children. Of course, my kids will get RM100 each from me. I remember I was so excited when my uncles and aunties gave me 50 sen. Nenek will give us RM1. Those were the days. Now kids would say " Alah seringgit aje?" Adui sakit telinga dengarnya. My kids would get at least RM300~RM400 in total collection every Raya. Now they are thinking about buying new hand phones or other electronic gadgets. Last time it was "Simpan duit tu nanti boleh beli kasut sekolah or baju sekolah". I remember my mom reminded us so. Those were the days.

Well so much for that, I guess Life has to go on. Things have changed, we changes, Kids grew up fast, life style also changes. But the memory remains.

To all my silent readers :

Selamat Menyambut Syawal dengan penuh kerahmatan.
Semoga Allah menerima puasa kita dan menjadikan kita kembali dalam keadaan suci dan termasuk orang-orang yang mendapat kemenangan.

Salam Aidil Fitri
Maaf Zahir & Batin

Dari
Azam & Kiky

Aizuddin, Aizat, Adib & Mahani Maimunah (Mimi)


No comments: