Monday, November 19, 2007

18th Blissful Anniversary

17 November 1989 - was the day we got married at Taman Ehsan Kepong. It was 18 years ago but I still remember the day when I was sooooooo .... anxious, scared, happy, chaotic, afraid, glad and whatever vocabulary I can think off at that point of time. But put every those vocabs into one - I was like a poker face - selamber je - when the solemnise too place. Kena lah maintain muka confident sikit bila Tok Kadi nak nikahkan!

So it has been 18 years since we officially tie the knot. Well it wasn't easy for me actually to decide whether to get married and loose the freedom of bachelorhood but I have decided on it anyway. A man have to decide what a man have to decide right!


This is not our 1989 wedding picture but it was taken a couple of months back at a nephew's wedding. But we still look good as a couple don't we ????

But if you were to ask me how's the 18 years.... well lots of things had happened in our life as a couple. But the most important thing to me is that we had learned so much of each other. We began to tolerate each other more and understand each other characteristics - believe me that we are actually 2 different individual with 2 entirely different characteristics living under one roof.

She is the more dominant and want to get what she wants immediately. Me on the other hand is the more peaceful and don't like confrontation. She is happy-go-lucky but I'm more detailed person.
She doesn't plan what she wants to do and can change any plan as when she wants it. Me on the other hand will plans things for weeks and hate to change any plan. She is Choleric Sanguine and I am Phlegmatic Melancholy. If you can't understand me please read this book called the "Personality Plus" by Florence Littauer. This help us to understand more of each other and probably helps us to reduce confrontation and probably had save our marriage!.


This book can save your marriage!!!!

So after 18 years and with 4 growing up kids, we had endured so many obstacles in building our life together. Yes there were up and downs but we survived. Yes there are many challenges but we stood up for it. And we survive till this 18 years.

So at our 18th Wedding anniversary, we didn't have a fancy dinner but just a small quiet dinner at Kenny Rogers restaurant with the kids. But more important is that I still remember our 18th wedding anniversary as I know some of you guys don't. As an advice to all married guys reading my blog : You can forget anything and everything but never forget your wife's birthday and your wedding anniversary. It can be disastrous. I really mean it man!

Ok before I buzz off - just some jokes that I read for your some laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The most effective way to remember your wife's birthday is to forget it once .

Man is incomplete until he is married. Then he is finished.

The secret of a happy marriage remains a secret.

Man is incomplete until he is married. Then he is finished.

"
Despite the old saying, "Don't take your troubles to bed"' many still sleep with their wives!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



4 comments:

Brother Lans said...

Zam aslkum.Dah 18 tahun kahwin? Tahniah. Abg wishes you all the very best of marriage life. Sorry, Syawal hari tu tak sempat pergi rumah.Anyway, I know you & 'mem' were quite busy during that period. Wassalam:-)p/s May your kids pass the exams with flying colours :-)

Phlegmatic Melancholic said...

Hello Bro. Yeah dah 18 tahun kawin. Thanks for the wishes. I know you married earlier kan. I believe more than 2o years right?

Kids.. harap-harap dia get good grades like us before hehehee..

KitKat said...

Hey, Azam....congratulations for reaching 18 years of blissful married life!! Hope there will be many more aniversaries for you both to celebrate.

Phlegmatic Melancholic said...

Thanks Wan

Yes hope many more blissful years will come.