Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Izan's Wedding at KGPA

This few days I was quite busy preparing for this weekend Terengganu's trip. As the trip organiser cum wedding's chairman cum event organiser, I was absolutely trenched with all the things to settle so that all would go well. So I just got sometimes now to update you bloggers.

Saturday 9 June 2007 - Kelab Golf Perkhidmatan Awam, PJ.


So this is the wedding highlights for Izan in KL after his Kuantan's ceremony. After many months of meetings after meetings (sometimes so boring .... but everytime got makan ok lah!!!) now came the "climax" i.e. the wedding reception by the groom's family.

The theme for the reception was pink and blue. So the pelamin was beautifully decorated with the theme colour. As for the men, we had to wear shades of blue baju melayu and the ladies wore shocking pink! Well for this side of my family, wearing a theme coloured attire was a big deal!!! Luckily I had a pair of baby blue baju melayu matched with a beautiful turquoise songket. Ky wore a beautiful shocking pink outfit she bought in Singapore before. My boys also wore other shades of blue and little Mimi also wore shocking pink baju kurung.



Izan wore a matching baby blue and pink songket outfit, while Dini wore pink and blue lace to match with Izan. Both of them looks splendidly radiant.

Guests and relatives came as early as 7.45 pm. I met some of the relatives whom I have not met ages ago. It's good to see them here. There were many cousins ( i.e. from my wife's side) that came all the way from Johor, Perak and Singapore to attend this reception. They were also some foreign guests from AFS and Girl Guides (my sis in law is the Board member of both).

The program ran as scheduled whereby the groom and bride were chauffeured driven in a buggy (well it's a golf club ok!). From thereon, they were ushered by the bunga manggar kids (Acik & Mimi) and the dancers. Selawat were read whilst the bride & groom made their way onto the pelamin. Once seated, the dancers performed Tarian Asyik led by Izzati (Izan sister). It was beautifully performed.



Thereon, the Doa was read by another nephew, Ustaz Nazaruddin before "Merenjis" ceremony was done by family members. Food were served immediately and thereon the guests were entertained live. The singers were not too bad either. We enjoyed it.



After the dinner, Uncle Joe the Chairman of the Organising Committee gave his thank you speech and later followed by Abg Leman, the groom's father, thanking the guests and all family members who have made the wedding a successful event (macam Academy Award jer!!).

The bride and groom were then led to the five tiered cake for the cake cutting ceremony. A special song was sung by Ky with live music named "When I Fall In Love" (Nat King Cole) while they cut the cake. She sang it so beautifully that the guest applauded her. It's been quite awhile since she sang live publicly. Below I managed to download the lyrics from the net.

WHEN I FALL IN LOVE (Nat King Cole)

When I fall in love it will be forever
Or I'll never fall in love
In a restless world like this is
Love is ended before it's begun
And too many moonlight kisses
Seem to cool in the warmth of the sun

When I give my heart it will be completely
Or I'll never give my heart
And the moment I can feel that you feel that way too
Is when I fall in love with you.

[Instrumental interlude first two lines]

And the moment I can feel that you feel that way too
Is when I fall in love with you.




After the guest left, we had some foods to eat as some of us had not had our dinner yet. We left KGPA about 11.45pm.



Well Selamat Pengantin Baru Izan & Dini. Uncle and Cu wishes both of you a Happy and Lasting Marriage.

No comments: