Friday, June 29, 2007

Breakfast & Jink!

Breakfast

Good Morning! So what do you usually have for breakfast? Depending on where you are? In Subang Jaya here, most often then not, the makcik will sell Nasi Lemak, Meehoon, Mee goreng, some kuih, etc. If you are in the east coast, probably there will be arrays of morning breakfast to fill up your tummy. Nasi minyak, Nasi dagang, Nasi Kerabu, Laksam and even satay will be sold there in the morning. I have been there recently so I know. Well you can get some of them here but not all. Maybe the urbanite's palate is not as exotic as the eastern coast people.


Anyway, I was driving to the office this morning and was thinking, what should I have for breakfast? Nasi lemak?? Ehmm... I don't think so cos I had just eat it yesterday at the birthday cum farewell thinggy. So probably fried meehoon or mee.


Thus before arriving at my office, I stopped at one stall that sells nasi lemak, fried meehoon, mee and some kuih. The looks of fried meehoon, mee and kuetiaw does look appetising to me. So to be safe, I bought a pack of mixture of fried mee and meehoon - just in case if one is not good, hey you can try eat the other one, right. To be cautious, I asked that guy to add in a bit of sambal i.e. of both mee & meehoon doesn't get along to my liking, there's sambal to add the flavour. And I bought some kuih, just in case the main course doesn't satisfy my palate.


Friend meehon mixed with fried mee and sambal.
(Tak sedap pun!!!!)


True enough, when I tasted the fried mee, it was just plain taste. No vegetable nor any meat or chicken. The same goes to the fried meehoon. Ah! what a waste. Luckily the sambal adds more taste to it but I didn't finish it all.

And I was thinking....... I don't think I want to buy it anymore. Probably if I were to fried it myself, it would have tasted better. But then again, when was the last time I cook???? Maybe some 20 years ago when I was in US as a college student. hehehe.. So what the heck, try another makcik next time.

Jinx

So what breakfast have to do with jinx? Nothing at all. But let me tell you something.

As usual, I woke up early before 6am. And as usual before 6.30am, after morning prayers, I am ready for work. And as usual, bibik will prepare my hot Milo on the table before I leave.

Somehow this morning and as usual, I was sipping my Milo. And I did it as normal as anybody would, handle the mug and got it onto my lips. But all of the sudden, the mug that I was handling slipped off my lips and the Milo splashed over my chin and my shirt.

It was just in a split second that things happen. Of course immediately, I get some towel to wipe my chin. But my clean shirt is now wet with Milo.

My immediate reaction was, hey there must be something wrong! It is a sign of something that is going to happen to me? Bad? Is it a JINX? I don't know. Many things ran into my mind. Maybe this thing happened so that I don't have to leave the house that early. Probably, the time taken for me to change my shirt would probably save me the times I'll be driving by then. Or is it this or that!!!

But one thing for sure, I've started to recite doa and wirik while driving. You never knows what will happen right? Of course, I drive slowly than usual. Usually if I drive from home by 6.30 am, I would arrive about 7.05am at the office. But today I arrive slightly later. But Alhamdullilah, arrived safely.

So what's the jinx? I don't know. Probably there is or probably there is not! Only God knows best.

Main Entry: jinx
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: curse
Synonyms: black magic, charm, double whammy, enchantment, evil eye*, hex, hoodoo*, kibosh, nemesis, plague, spell, voodoo*, whammy

No comments: