Sunday, March 18, 2007

Taman Melati

This morning about 8.15am I sent Angah to Melati LRT station for him to catch the LRT to Central Market where he takes the weekend tuition classes. Melati Station is the second last station for Putra LRT. It is situated in Taman Melati, a place where we first rented a double storey house after we got married in 1989. Almost 17 years ago.

It bring me back memories when we were newly married and rented a house next to the Surau. In front of the house was a hugh drain separating the double story houses and the flats. I was still in Oriental Bank in Klang and Ky was still in the Army in Mindef. I could still remember getting the first mini bus at 6.30am every morning to the Klang bus stand where I have to take a bus to Klang. Usually reached by 8.45am.

We have to moved out to Taman Samudra, Batu Caves because our landlord have sold off the house and the new owner wanted to stay there. I had bought a house in Taman Samudra but it wasn't completed yet. Thus we have to rent another house. That was in end-1997 after about 8 years of staying and there, and with 4 kids. Along, our eldest was going to Standard 2 and Mimi, our youngest was a few months old then.

So it's kind of going down the memory lane when I was in Taman Melati this morning. I dropped by at the Sunday morning market just to get the feel of what I used to do 8 years ago. Things haven't change much. I still see the same people who sells the kuih, vegetables, fish, etc. These were familiar faces I saw when I was back then. The environment were calm and not as busy. Probably people still sleeping in this Sunday morning.

After I bought a bunch of Pisang Rastali, I got went home with a copy of Mingguan Malaysia. That's is what I used to do 8 years ago anyway.

No comments: