Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Traffic Summon

As I was arriving home from work about 7.30pm, there welcome me was a letter on the table. It was a registered letter and I immediately know that it's a traffic summon. Ha! now where did I speed?

I opened the letter and it stated that I had drove at 90km/hr in a 60km/hr zone at KM58 Sungai Besar Selangor on 10 September 2006. When I check at the calendar, 10 September 2006 was a Sunday so I assume it was when I was driving back after sending Along to his boarding school.

Well I am not a speed driver but when the road is good and comfortable, why not drive a bit faster. If you have been driving from Kuala Selangor towards Sabak Bernam, you must realised that they already have a good 4 lanes trunk road. This is my 5th year of plying that road since Along went to school there. From a kampong road that was bumpy, potholes and lots of slow moving traffics, it has now turned into a 4 lanes "highway". Kudos to Selangor MB, Khir Toyo who at least developed that raod which benefits him too. By the way, his house is right besides the main road in Sungai Besar.

From a 2 hrs 15 mins drive, I can now reach Sg Besar in 1 hr 45 mins straight. Now who could blame me if I were to drive a little faster in a good road. As the road have been upgraded, they should at least increase the speed lit to 90km/hr isn't it?

Anyway, with the traffic summon in hand - and at lebihan laju 30km - I was compound RM300. But they also give an offer of RM150 compound. What a deal? But now I'm looking for a lubang on how to get it much lower.. hahaha!


No comments: