Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Kak Illah in surgery

Ijah (my sis-in-law) called me on Sunday informing that Kak Illah (my sis-out-law) was hospitalised. Her muscle has collapsed and she was taken to Damansara Specialist Hospital by an ambulance. I was a bit jitter when I heard it. I really kesian Kak Illah. She already had cancer and was in and out of hospital due some complication.

Recently she went to South Africa with Abg Ad and some of their Datuk & Datin friends. I called her before she left for the night flight.

"Kak Illah ok ke nak pergi ni." I asked. I was also worried knowing her condition was not too good a couple of weeks ago. And now she wants to join some friends to a place where the plane ride is for hours and hours.

"Doktor dah kata ok dah. Sebab tu Kak Illah boleh pergi. Lagi pun Abang Ad dah plan lama trip ni." She answer but that doesn't sound very convincing to me.

Anyway I asked whether she got a letter from doctors as she will be taking lots of drugs as her medication and I jokingly told her that she don't want to be confisticated for bringing in drugs. It's true right? And since she has a chemo port planted in her body, she must make sure that the airport security over there don't stop her if the alarm triggered off.

"Takpe lah Kak Illah, I doakan you all selamat semua nya". What else can I say.

Thereon, I heard she had a slight injury when the jeep she was on got into a pothole and thus she was flew up and down in the jeep. That's causes her spine to be affected. I heard she couldn't walk after that. What a pity. In fact, she was on wheel chair after thereon.

Lynn (her eldest daughter) told me that Kak Illah had been feeling the pain and last Sunday morning she didn't feel anything from waist down. Could she be paralysed. Hope not. Kesian dia.

So yesterday when I went to the hospital, I was told that she had a surgery at 11.00 pm till 3.00 am. In the morning, when she woke up, she can now wiggle her feet. I was also told that the chances of the operation is either 0% or 100%.

I managed to see her about 5 minutes in the ICU. Puan Sri Norzilah and Abg Ad was already there. Sebak jugak bila tengok dia tapi kena control lah sikit. Sedih sebab she in the hospital bed and tengah mengalami dugaan Allah.

This afternoon Abg Ad sms us saying that Kak Illah is feeling better and the doctor is happy with her progress. Alhamdullilah. Syukur Alhamdullilah.

I'm actually worried of loosing another person in my life. Just a month ago, my beloved one left us permanently. So when I heard of this, it give me a jitter. Hope she'll recover fast and get back to normal life again.

No comments: